- Posted by Michael Pennartz
- On December 15, 2018
- 0 Comments
Facebook is always looking for ways to improve itself, and this includes giving businesses an opportunity to connect with their customers in the best way possible. Businesses can create a Facebook page to keep their customers and the community informed of anything and everything that they are doing. In the past, businesses were able to be “reviewed” by customers and clients via a rating process on Facebook. Customers could simply leave a star rating between 1-5 stars, or the customer could also choose to write a few sentences to discuss their experiences with the business.
Take a moment to visit (and “Like”) our National Business Helpers Facebook page, where we highlight the latest in lending, small business advice and more.
Now, however, Facebook is revamping the review process by switching over to a new rating process called Recommendations. This gives customers the opportunity to provide more in-depth feedback on the business. In turn, this provides greater visibility for the business on Facebook, as it helps others find the business in a search. The reason for the change in the process is for Facebook to provide easier access to attracting customers to a business’ Facebook page. This is also accomplished by asking customers a simple ‘yes’ or ‘no’ question: if they would recommend the business to others. After answering that question, the customer can then provide feedback to support their point. The feedback goes beyond just words; customers are invited to include tags and photos along with their text.
Another plus for businesses is the ability to more easily report potentially damaging Recommendations. For instance, if a business owner believes a Recommendation to be spam, paid for, or fraudulent, the owner can quickly and easily report it to Facebook as such.
When potential customers are searching Facebook for certain keywords that relate to the business, the Recommendations will pop up so customers can quickly find a local business matching their needs.
Other Facebook Business Page Updates
As Facebook determines more and more ways to connect local businesses with customers, they have unveiled a few new tools to make the connection easier than ever — on both businesses and people.
Read more details here, or a synopsis below.
- The mobile interface for Pages has been redesigned to allow for easier interactions between businesses and customers. Now, customers can make dinner reservations, salon appointments, and more all from a mobile device.
- Access to an array of events is being improved to encourage people to find more and more things to do right in their own communities. Facebook is also rolling out an option to purchase tickets directly from an Event page, which eliminates the need for customers to click through to the business’ website to purchase tickets.
- Facebook’s job search tool is expanding to assist local businesses in finding the right people to fill their job openings. With an enhanced job application tool, users can find local jobs anywhere in the world.
- The Facebook Local app gives users the opportunity to find any local business quickly and easily. Especially relevant when visiting an unfamiliar community, people can find restaurants, shops, and the most recommended local places wherever they are.